Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dance..How do they do it?

I just walked in the doors and my toes are dirty and raw. Six hours of dance is enough for one day. Today, we had master classes at Summit Dance Shoppe. Choreographers from all over the United States came in to teach us combinations and expand our knowledge in the world of dance. It really got me wondering on how they do it. How does a person exert so much passion into such a tiring and difficult task. But, then it hit me. It's merely because they ARE so passionate about what they do. They strive to be the best and thats what has made them the best.

They told us that we can do whatever we want if we put our mind to it. If we want to do five turns instead of four, we can most defenitely do that. It is all about whats in your mind. Now us, as teenagers, think to ourselves (sarcastically) "Yeah, we've never heard that expression before." However, I realized if you actually believe in yourself and you actually set your mind on what you want to do, dance in general is 10 times easier. Practicing this expression today made me feel so much more comfortable. It was more enjoyable for me to dance when I practiced that mind set.

I give so much credit to the choreographers; the ones we had today and the other great ones still out there. Dance is an art, and it is by no means an easy form of it. The ones who can lecture and teach and create this art, like them, deserve a lot of credit.

Well, 6 hours later I am starting to feel a little tired and hungry. Dinner is ready so I better go!

2 comments:

  1. The author writes about something she is very passionate about. It makes me think about my life and a time when I felt as she did here. She states "It is all about whats in your mind."and quite frankly that's so true! If you have no faith in yourself you wont achieve and she clearly covers all aspects of that way of achieving. She also makes a touching statement by saying.."Dance is an art, and it is by no means an easy form of it. The ones who can lecture and teach and create this art, like them, deserve a lot of credit." which makes me think again, "Wow! That is so true!" It also gets the hamster running on the wheel in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Amber's inspiring, positive tone on this blog. It was interesting to learn more about the world of dance, even if it was just a snapshot. I cannot imagine having to choreograph a dance. Making all of those bodies move together in such a beautiful way would be a difficult, but completely rewarding dance. I love watching dancers and what they can do. Obviously, practice makes perfect and those six hour workshops with master teachers must really pay off! I love the last sentence. "It also gets the hamster running on the wheel in my head," this painted a great mental picture for me.

    ReplyDelete